Loading...
08-10-15 Town Council MinutesSNOWMASS VILLAGE TOWN COUNCIL SPECIAL I\,IEETING MINUTES AUGUST,IO,2O15 1. 4OO P,[.4, CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL lvlayor Butler called to order the Special Meeting of the Snowmass Village Town Council on Monday, August 10,2015 at 4:02 p.m. A complete live recording of this meeting can be found at www.tosv.com under Town Council Meetings. This will be archived indefinitely allowing you to view at any time COUNCIL I\,4EIVlBERS PRESENT: Markey Butler, Bob Sirkus, Bill Madsen, Alyssa Shenk, and Chris Jacobson. COUNCIL I\,4EMBERS ABSENT: All council members were present. STAFF PRESENT Clint Kinney, Town Manager; John Dresser, Town Attorney; Travis Elliott, Assistant to the Town N.4anager; Julie Ann Woods, Community Development Director; David Peckler, Transit Manager; Anne Martens, Public Works Director; Rhonda B. Coxon, Town Clerk. TI AND PRE ENTA None at this time 3. PUBLIC COIVIMENT This section is set aside for the Town Council to LISTEN to comment by the public regarding items that do not otherwise appear on this agenda. Generally, the Town Council will not discuss the issue and will not take an official action under this section of the agenda. None at this time. PUBLIC PRESENT:Pat Keefer, Jill Beathard, Robert Sinko, Shawn Byme, David de L'Arbre, Don Schuster, Jerome Simecek, Andrew Light, Toni Kronberg, Craig Munzio, Jim D'Agostino and other members of the public interested in today's Agenda items. 08-10-'t5 sM Minutes Page 2 ot 5 4. CONSENT AGENDA These are items where all conditions or requirements have been agreed to or met prior to the time they come before the Council for final action. A Single Public Hearing will be opened for all items on the Consent Agenda. These items will be approved by a single motion of the Council. The Mayor will ask if there is anyone present who has objection to such procedure as to certain ilems. Members of the Council may also ask that an item be removed from the consent section and fully discussed. All items not removed from the consent section willthen be approved. A member of the Council may vote no on specific items without asking that they be removed from the consent section for full dascussion. Any item that is removed from the consent agenda will be placed on the regular agenda. A. DRAFT AGENDAS AND WORK SESSION TOPICS B. APPROVAL OF I\,4INUTES FOR 1) July 20, 2015 - Regular Meeting Bill Madsen made the motion to approve those item listed on today's consent agenda. Alyssa Shenk seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a vote of 4 in favor to 0 opposed. Council Member Sirkus was absent. Voting Aye: Markey Butler, Bill Madsen, Alyssa Shenk, and Chris Jacobson Absent: Bob Sirkus P HEARINGS UASI-J DI IA Public Hearings are the formal opportunity for the Town Council to LISTEN to the public regarding the issue at hand. For land use hearings the Council is required to act in a quasi-judicial capacity. When acting as a quasi-judicial body, the Council is acting in much the same capacity as a judge would act in a court of law. Under these circumstances, the judicial or quasi-.iudicial must limit its consideration to matters which are places into evjdence and are part of the public record. The Council must basetheir decision on the law and the evidence presented at the hearing. A. Continued Public Hearing -Base Village Major PUD Amendment - Preliminary Plan Review of Transportation lssues -Julie Ann Woods, Director, Community Development -.Jim Wahlstrom, Senior Planner, Community Development Mayor Butler opened the continued Public Hearing at this time. Julie Ann Woods Community Developmenl Director reviewed the information in the packet for today and noted after public hearings on July '15,20'15, July 22,2015, and July 29, 2015, the Planning Commission has put forward a resolution (atfached to /ast week's repod as Resolulion No. 5, Series of 2015) telated only to Transportation and related impacts of the project. She stated that the Town Council is asked to consider the recommendations of Staff and the Planning Commission, to consider written testimony 08-10-15 SM Minutes Page 3 of 5 by the public and hear public input on the transportation matters at thjs continued public hearing on August 'lOrh. Per Town Council's direction, the Planning Commission forwarded their recommendations in the form of a resolution to the Town Council as the first of several segments. At the August 3rd hearing, Town Council got through discussions on the roundabout at Brush Creek Rd/KearnsMood Rd., as well as directing the applicant to pursue the mini-roundabout as an option for Lower Carriage WayMood Rd. There was a brief discussion about bus stops, bul not an overview of the transit topic, which remains on the list for discussion as outlined below. lt is expected that Dan Blankenship from RFTA will again attend this Council meeting to present his thoughts about Base Village and transit in Snowmass Village. Besides transit, the remaining transportation topics to be discussed are parking and pedestrian circulation, including vertical circulation, specifically the recommendation to provide a second escalator in the project. These topics are outlined in the Staff Recommendation section below. The goal is for Town Council to complete the transportation topic on August 1oth so that Staff can prepare a draft resolution that Council could consider at its following meeting scheduled for August '17, 2015. The applicant is also expected to respond to the transportation- related issues raised by Town Council in a memo for discussion at the August 17th meeting. Council Member Sirkus arrived at 5:11 p.m Craig Munizo representing the Snowmass Acquisition Company and Jim D'Agostino began with the discussion on Wood Road/Lower Carriage Way lntersection and stated they would have a traffic control officer in place during peak times. He noted that the alternate solution is a mini-roundabout and discussed the issues with this solution. There were many options discussed by Council and the applicant. Dan Blankenship from the Roaring Fork Transportation Association was present for the RFTA portion of the Transit discussion. He spoke to organizational capacity, existing conditions with TOSV ridership, existing conditions during peak and future service planning. Town Council took a break at this time Council and the applicant now reviewed the information provided by OZ Group regarding the Pedestrian Circulation. There was a lengthy discussion on the escalator and the negative impact a second escalator would have on the current guest experience with interim Building 7 project. The applicant is working with staff to come up with other solutions for circulation in this area. One option is speeding up the elevator. After discussion John Dresser Town Attorney reviewed the history of approvals and the obligation of the applicant for the second escalator. The consultant continued with her presentation circulation for the remainder of the buildings and project. l\.4unzio then presented the Residential Parking for the project, Council has asked for adequate handicap parking space according to the projections within the Municipal Code. He reviewed the parking garage by level and delineated by residential, commercial, valet and mountain club. The applicant is amendable to a residential parking ratio of 1 to 1 for Building 11 and 12. At this time lvlayor Eutler asked for Public Comment Pat Keefer an owner of a Capitol Peak unit and representing the Capital Peak HOA spoke to various issues paying for public amenities through assessments, parking for lock of units and mountain club parking. Significant changes have been made to the parking garage by Related without any discussion with the Capitol Peak owners. Toni Kronberg a resident of the Roaring Fork Valley spoke to the easements for an Ariel connection and does this include the landing sites. She is requesting the Town look at this Ariel connection and it's feasibility and asking that the Town look into the Ariel connection and preserving it's alignment. The management of the garage needs to be increased and possible security within the Parking Garage, to make sure people are parking wlthin their designated spaces and controlling the number of cars allowed in the Parking Garage. Council consensus was to tour the Base Village Parking Garage at the beginning of the next Town Council Meeting on August 17,2015 at 3:00 p.m. At this time Mayor Butler continued the Public Hearing to August 17, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. 6, POLICY/LEGISLATIVE PUBLIC HEARINGS No Hearings Scheduled 7, ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS Clint Kinney Town Manager noted that he has met with the Snowmass Water and Sanitation District and working on an educational piece for the residents of Snowmass Village. Council Member Jacobson thanked the Marketing Department and the Community for hosting the ARE Day. 8, TOWN COUNCIL REPORTS AND IONS A. REPORTS/UPDATES None at this time 9. ADJOURNMENT At 8:55 p.m. 08-10-15 SM Minutes Page 4 of 5 Chris Jacobson made the motion to adjourn the Special Meeting of the Snowmass Village Town Council on Monday, August 10, 2015. Bob Sirkus seconded the motion. The motion was approved by a vote of 5 in favor to 0 opposed. Voting Aye: Markey Butler, Bob Sirkus, Bill Madsen, Alyssa Shenk, and Chris Jacobson. Voting Nay: None. This set of Special Meeting minutes was approved by the Snowmass Village Town Council on February 16,2016. Su By, Rho aB n,cMc Town Clerk 08-10-15 SM Minutes Page 5 of 5